What is Hungry Bin?
Designed and made in New Zealand, Hungry Bin is a fast and convenient way to compost your food scraps. The innovative design is highly efficient and can process up to 4 lbs of waste per day. It not only makes fantastic fertilizer and plant food - it looks great too.
How does it work?
No more lifting heavy and wet trays full of dirt and worms, Hungry Bin is designed to make harvesting castings clean and effortless. The design easily separates worms from the castings before harvest. The unique taper technology creates a large surface area allowing worms to easily access the food scraps at the top increasing their processing capacity while compressing their castings below. Nutrient-rich liquid that is harvested from the bottom tray. It does not have a tap that can block or need replacing, the liquid drains through a filter straight into the tray.
What climates are safe?
Hungry Bin is best suited to a temperate climate. In locations that experience extreme freezing or heat, it will need to be inside a protected location such as a garage or basement.
Why Hungry Bin?
- Makes highest quality natural fertilizer that's PH neutral
- Large capacity utilizing patented taper technology
- Clean. Simple to harvest castings and tea
- No smell
- Small footprint
- Easy to move, No heavy lifting
- Save money, make your own high-quality fertilizer
- Assembly instructions and a 16-week feeding timeline to help increase the worm population from time of installation.
- Owners manual with illustrations and troubleshooting
What you'll need?
- Bedding not included. We recommend starting with a free draining compost soil or coconut coir for bedding.
- Compost Worms are not included and must be purchased separately. We recommend starting your with a minimum of 2000 compost worms. See listing for option with worms.